Welcoming a new puppy home is one of life’s wonderful moments. Watching the tiny pups explore their new home is so much fun and it’s precious to see them adjust to you and their new surrounds.
To ensure their transition is as smooth as possible we’ve put together a list of products to help guide you and ensure pup has all that it needs for those initial moments in their new home.
- Harness. Puppia have to be one of the most popular harnesses around for the small to medium dog. They’re durable, stylish and reasonably priced. To find stockists near you visit: http://www.puppia.com.au/
- Dogtired Blanket. Every tiny pooch needs a blankie. The Dogtired blankets are not only gorgeously soft and kind to the environment, they’re also 20% off! Check them out here: dogtired.com.au
- Bed: Somewhere to snooze when they’re all played out. We love Fuzzyard, their beds are super comfy and warm whilst being decor friendly. Fuzzyard is loved the world over so visit their website to find a stockist near you.
- Dog tags: or a collar with your dogs name and your contact details. We particularly love ETSY to find unique and handmade dog tags.
- Leash: You have to control that baby hound! We recommend a retractable lead pooch to explore a little further a field. Check out this handy lead from The Australian Pet Shop .
- Shampoo: Rufus & Coco have some gentle products to keep your puppy smelling fresh. We particularly love their 2in1 oatmeal wash, perfect for sensitive pets. They also have other great products like Pee Here to help with potty training.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste: Get them in the habit young! Training your pup for teeth brushing will save you a tonne in dental bills down the track.
- Training pads: These are great. Place them anyway add a little Pee Here and your pup is good to go… literally! This EBAY listing is a great place to buy them cheap and in bulk.
- Toys: Teething pups need something to munch. So to avoid furniture or shoe munching we recommend Teethers Puppy Chew Bone from Pets Palace.
- Food & Drink bowls: There are sooo many doggy bowls to choose from. You can choose from handmade items at ETSY or our featured bowls from Pet Fancy and more. Doggy dining can be a very messy affair so we also recommend these cute dining pads from Woof n Wag.
- More toys: You won’t have any trouble finding plenty of toys for your new family member. We recommend puzzle toys to keep your dog entertained. They need snuggly toys too and we love these eco friendly pet toys from Pet Shop Girls, it’s an Aussie store too so we love them even more!
- Brush: To keep those luscious locks (of the extra fluffy breeds) well groomed we recommend The Redecker Eco Brush from Biome.
- Love: Lotsa lotsa love. A new furry addition to the family needs plenty of attention, patience and a tonne of love.